March 02, 2006

trusting in God, and His blessings

This week has been a week of realization for me. It's like God has been showing me more and more how this world is not my home, and to trust in Him, and just to give my life fully into His hands. To stop thinking about me and what I want to do, and instead think about others, and what I can be doing for them, how I can be showing them true christianity by every aspect of my life. And you know what, I love doing it! It brings me soo much joy and happiness to do things for others, instead of for myself.

Tomorrow I have my interview. I just keep praying that this is the job God has for me. Though I try not to worry, I am coming up very short on money, and am not sure how I am going to pay the bills that are already sitting on my table. I know that God will provide for me, but it is unnerving being put soo close to the wire. I don't really need money for anything else, but I do need to get these bills paid off.

In other news, I just learned some wonderful news yesterday. To give a little background: A few of my cousins are in this acting troup type thing, and the group puts on a big show every spring. I have never missed a show since the oldest of the girls started in it, and now is the first year that the youngest will be in it. With everything going on with my job situation, as well as all the happenings at church, I really doubted weather I'd be able to go this year, having no gas money, and needing to be back for sunday service (they live around 4 hours away). Then yesterday, I get an e-mail saying that my aunt and grandma are going down, but have to come back saturday night (they usually all stay through sunday), and so I called my aunt and talked to her, and she said that they had been wondering if I'd want to come with them. It was just such a blessing, and I know that God has opened this door. Now I pray to be a light to my family while I am with them. They are all very catholic, but I still wonder at their actually being saved. I pray that God will give me the words to say, and the wisdom to know when not to talk. I pray that He guides my actions as well, that they may see the difference in my life. I do not get to see my family very often, and want to be able to make the most of it while I am with them. I want them to know the joy and the real life that there is in Jesus.

1 comment:

mandieworld said...

How did the interview go?