March 07, 2006

Praise God!

Well, I got the job at Kmart! I will hopefully be starting next week. It's only part-time, but I'm still very very happy about it. And it pays weekly, in cash, so it's pretty sweet. Oh, I am sooo thankful. And thank you all for praying for me on this.

In other news, I babysat on last saturday for a friend of my aunts. There were two kids, a boy around five years old, and a girl somewhere between one and two years old. They're very energetic kids, that like running and climbing and jumping, and she likes getting into anything that is within her reach. My heart went out to their mom, sheseemed like she just has more then she can handle right now. After the kids went to bed, I went and washed some of the dishes for her (I would have done all of them, but I was getting really worn out after 4 hours...) It was just such a blessing to be able to help her out with that, though. I wish I could have done more. When she got homeshe paid me a bit more than I though I was going to get (not that I had an amount in my head or anthing, I never really worry about how much money I'm going to get, I don't really do it for the money). She told me that her kids took to me really well (I didn't even realize that, I thought they acted that way to everyone...) and that she would call me if she needed someone to sit for her again. She hadn't seen the kitchen until after that, which I'm glad of. I didn't want her to think that she had to pay me more or anything because I helped with dishes. She said that she might just call me some time to help out around the house in general as well as for sitting the kids. I'd really like to go back and help her out again, not for money, just to help her get her house under control. SHe asked me if I was good at organizing and such. I'm not sure on that one. My room really doesnt look all that "organized" though I say that I just have too much stuff, and so it's overcluttered. I like cleaning for other people more then myself anyway (right Beppy?). It really was such a blessing to be able to help that family.

And now with that, I get to go clean the bathrooms here at my own house. Yippy!

No comments: