February 23, 2006

old friends

Today I went to the public library to drop off a couple things, and to check and see if something I wanted was in yet, and who do I run into but one of my old friends from high school whom I haven't seen in.... years. She was wanting to go online and look for directions, but all the computers there were being used, so I invited her to come with the to the coffeehouse and check there. We talked a bit and I invited her to come to the concert tomorrow. It was kinda funny when she and I were leaving, Tim (the pastor, if you don't aready know that...) walked past, and I told her "hey, that was my pastor" She did a sort of double take, and then went "no way, you have to be kidding me! You have to be joking!" After repeating this for a short time, said that she had never heard of a pastor like Tim before. She said that she wants to get together again soon. This is such a great oppertunity, and I really never thought I'd get a chance to even see her again, let alone talk and hang out.

Yesterday I also got to talk with another of my old classmates who I hadn't seen since getting out of school. He came to the biblestudy. It's seems soo strange to be meeting these people again after so long, and after soo much change in my own life. It seems sad to say that I really didn't see much change in theirs. They still seemed the same people as I had known in high school. One that is living for today, the other searching for truth and not seeing it. I pray for both of them, and hope that I will be able to see them again more. I want them to be able to have the life that I know there is out there for them.

No comments: