February 15, 2006

christian chat rooms

So, yeah, yesterday evening I was getting kinda despressed and lonely. So I decided to go online for a while. I went in a yahoo christian chatroom. I usually stay away from such things, considering them a waste of time, but I was in need of talking with others right then. It wasn't long before a few people started talking to me, and I had a number of interesting conversations. It seemed like most of the people I talked to were not from the US. One was from Ghana, and another from Pakistan. It was hard talking to the guy from Ghana, I don't think he knew english very well. The Pakistani was interesting to talk to, though. He was telling me about how hard it is to be a christian in Pakistan. Then another person started talking to me, trying to tell me that christianity and islam is the same thing (or something like that). I don't know all that much about Islam, but I know enough to know that they aren't they same. The night ended with a girl (I think it was a girl) who kept trying to tell everyone that Jesus was only a man, and not God in the flesh. That conversation got pretty crazy (it was in the main chat room) and so I decided to leave. She didn't want to listen to what anyone else wanted to say, and there was another guy calling himself "Jesus Christ" who was saying that God says it's okay to do anything or some such....

I think I've had enough of chat rooms for a while now...

No comments: