June 07, 2006

changing direction

This past weekend (the conference) has caused some much needed prayer and thought time for me. I had been deeply struggling with my daydreaming addiction up until practically the hour we left to go there. Then we went through Collosians 3, and a verse seemed to jump out at me. It was Collosians 3:2. In the New Living Bible it says: "Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth." I had been letting my daydreams fill my thoughts, hardly giving space for God and His Word, even if I read my regular devotions everyday. It was like God just pointed to those words and said "This is for you." Since I came back, my thought life has changed. I've started praying and talking to God whenever I get the urge to daydream. And I've been feeling much more satisfied and not so tired and run down. God's finally helping me get rid of the junk I've been piling up around me, both in my head, and in my life. I know I've talk on here about removing distractions in my life, but really I hadn't yet. Now I've actually boxed up those things, and plan on removing them from my house as soon as possible. There are a few other things I want to remove as well, but I need to find the best way to get rid of them (including many of my books, which really do fill my head with way tooo much garbage and take away my thought life (if you can call it that)). I'm going to need some prayer on this. It's a big step, but I know I need to take it.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! That is a huge step to take = )