May 01, 2007

well... it's update time!

I know, it's been a while since I last posted. To tell the truth, I really haven't felt like posting lately. Now I do. So, I am. Yeah.

Firstly, my dad is doing pretty well. Today he's going in for his third chemo treatment. He's still doing pretty good, though he is getting worn out, and for a few days after each treatment, food really holds no appeal to him. He is starting to loose some hair, but it hasn't started coming out in clumps or anything yet. He was able to go down to his brothers wedding last weekend, and had a good time, though he did say he was very tired out after it. I went over to celebrate my birthday with him this past week, and we had a good time. My step-mom made a really tasty pineapple upside down cake. They are both hoping dad can keep his hair at least until my brothers wedding, which is coming up really really soon! If not, Mary's all ready to go and buy him a really nice wig :)

Speacking of the wedding, I really hope that I'm going to be ready for it. My dress is in the shop right now getting fixed up, and should be done by next monday (you know, only five days before the wedding...) I have been asked to sing a duet with my uncle for the wedding as well, and since he lives about... 5 or 6 hours away, we aren't going to be able to get together to practice until the day before the wedding. Thankfully, it's a song I've known since I was 11, so it shouldn't be that bad...

Now, for what you've all been waiting for! (or maybe not...) I got a job!!!!! It's a plastice moulding job through a temp agency, and it's full time. It's 12 hour shifts (which is a lot, I know) but it's only 3 to 4 days a week. And the best part is, it won't interfere with church! (Well, I won't be able to come to work days, but other then that...) I'll be headed over there tomorrow to check out the place, and then as soon as I get everything squared away with my current job, I'll be starting. I'll even have someone to carpool with. It's soo exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time! And of course, the thing that makes me the most excited, is that I can start serving in the coffeehouse and get back into the descipleship classes again! Yay!!!!! Uf... it's been a hard month...

Oh, everything is sooo exciting right now! Except maybe giving my two week notice... I'm really really not looking forward to that. I'm sure everything will work out alright though.

Wow... this summer is going to be soo... busy and wonderful and different then any summer I've had before. What with Cornerstone, working this job, and hopefully moving out, I can honestly say this summer is going to be life-changing. I guess it's time to hold on for the ride!

5 comments:

A said...

Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!

Three cheers for the newly employed!

Glad things are looking up. Hope the job is everything you expect it will be! :)

Nice to have you back!

Anonymous said...

I recall a similar summer (before being married and stuff), only my trials were in regards to street level (yes, I WAS in street level once- ha ha). It was hard and I almost gave up, but God got me through it and I think looking back, it was a milestone in the road to discipleship.

Congratulations!

Karla said...

I'm SO EXCITED for your new job! And to have you back in discipleship class and serving! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the peanut butter balls recipe I posted for you yet? You can find it here on my recipe blog !!!
Enjoy!

S.B.G. said...

congrats on the new job~