February 05, 2007

Update

Just thought I should update you about my dad. He's gone in and talked to the surgeon. They set a date for his surgery, on the 20th of this month. The surgeon is supposed to be very good at this kind of surgery, and is also well-known and well-liked. He informed my dad that this kind of cancer is a slow moving variety, so the chances are high that it hasn't spead at all, and should be very easy to remove. They also took care of all the preliminary tests and such, so that everything will be ready to go on the 20th. Dad's really doing well. He is thankful for all the prayers going his way. He says he is concerned, but not scared.

It has been a very long, and somewhat difficult week. There has been some other news that I've recieved lately that has caused me some concern (though I really cannot speak of it on here). It seems like this has been a hard week for many people at church. I guess this should be an encouragement to us. It means we're doing something right. It would be nice to have a bit simpler week this week though...

P.S. In other news, the cat is healing fine, and really seems to be enjoying all the extra attention, and living in the house. So far he has not had any fights with the three resident cats, and I hope to keep it that way.

No comments: