February 05, 2007

Random Thoughts


This picture is one I found a while back, and loved it. It's of some valley in California that you can see off the freeway or somesuch. I used it as a background on my computer for a whle. I just love the colors...


Yesterday Kayla gave me a "prayer shawl" (it looks like a very warm very large scarf, being almost two feet wide and at least eight feet long) that her grandma had made. I love it, it is soo warm and comphy (though very magenta in color, which is something new to me...) It's called a prayer shawl because you pray the entire time you make it.


I recently have been in the mood for watching old eighties movies. So I went and got "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead" from the video store. It was great fun. I also got "Fried Green Tomatoes", which is one of my favorites. Next I want to watch "Son in Law", which I am getting from the library (since that is by far the cheapest way to get movies). If anyone can think of any other "classic" eighties movies, tell me, so I can watch them.


As far as books go, I am currently reading "Just As I Am" The Autobiography of Billy Graham. I love it. He has such a down to earth style of writting, and he's not afraid of laughing at himself. His childhood really helps me connect with him (not that I grew up as he did, but that lifestyle has always been one I love and admire). I've really grown to have a deep respect for his wife as well. I really suggest reading it if you haven't (and don't be scared away by the length, it really isn't that bad once you get into it).


I have been currently informed that I have OCD. I never really thought I did, but after a conversation durring the fold and staple, I really started paying attention to my actions and reactions, and I have come to the conclusion that yes, I do have this sad condition, but it rather selective in nature (or so I believe). I guess the only way I'll learn the severity of it is if/when I get married. I don't think this is a bad thing to have, as long as I watch my attitude about it. If I'm constantly getting annoyed about co-workers messing up things and such, then there is a problem. I don't know...


Well, now I have spent nearly 3 hours messing around on blogger, updating my blog, reading everyone elses, commenting, and playing around a bit. Ech... I think it's time to go and do something useful for a while...

11 comments:

S.B.G. said...

that's the best picture--a real gem.

Classic 80's...maybe "Sixteen Candles", "Footloose", "The Breakfast Club", and "Flashdance" to name a few.

I almost picked up "Just As I Am". I'm interested in reading it, just the length scared me. Perhaps soon~

faith wings said...

which one?

I love Breakfast Club for some reason. Haven't seen it in a while... Never seen Sixteen Candles... Haven't watched Footloose in a while either... Flashdance just does sound very good (by the name, I know nothing about the movie.

You should really read the book, its great.

S.B.G. said...

the CA hwy wildflowers pic. I love pics like that.

Ooo you must see "Sixteen Candles". Other classics for me (a few) "Can't Buy Me Love", "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," and "Karate Kid." Yep I like 80's stuff can you tell :-)

ok will do that, good to get a recommend on it~

Danielle said...

"Pretty In Pink" for sure Heidi!!! And "Goonies" is a must for real! Brady is hollering from the other room "Back To the Future", "Gremlins", "Never-ending Story", "Flight of the Navigator", & "Stand By Me" (totally agree!). He's such a boy..

A said...

I lovelovelove Neverending story. There was a sequel or two.

What was that horse's name? Atrayou? I can't remember. A great movie that you would enjoy, I'm sure. I also highly recommend the Back to the Future trio!

How 'bout Drop Dead Fred? Just a thought. Was that the eighties?

I recently watched Fame, the movie. I'm not sure I recommend it, though, as there was a remarkable amount of swearing and nudity. For some reason I didn't expect that.

Also- how about the Plocie Academy series? Maybe not the cleanest, and I haven't watched them since I was a kid, but I thought they were great back then!

S.B.G. said...

so funny dani for a few days "Back to the Future" has been rolling around in my head and I was going to post it. Suddenly thoughts of the 80's has me wanting to watch this classic (and even the sequels)

I saw "Never Ending Story" at the library the other day and thought when could the kids watch this? I will preview it first (PG) and if it's all right they'll see this one sometime.

Speaking of 80's movies does anyone remember "Wargames" with Matthew Broderick?

Another classic "E.T."

faith wings said...

I like Neverending Story, though I have to say that the book is better, and much longer! and yes, I believe that is the horses name) I haven't seen Back to the Future is a long while... Goonies s always a classic. I actually did watch Gremlins a little while back (as well as the sequel.) I think I saw the last half of Flight of the Navigator on tv once, it looked fun. Pretty in Pink and Stand By Me I have never seen. I've never even heard of Drop Dead Fred. I haven't actually seen the Police Academy series either (and I'm not sure if it's really my kind of humor...) Let's see... I've also never seen Can't Buy Me Love... I think we might own Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I think I've only seen the first Karate Kid movie... Let's see... I think I've heard of Wargames before... And of course E.T. is a classic (one I watched way too much as a kid). I think that covers them all....

S.B.G. said...

"Can't Buy Me Love" has Grey's Anatomy's Patrick Dempsey in it. I don't think he's aged a bit (hardly). BTW I don't watch Grey's Anatomy, just referencing. Too many medical dramas on the air right now IMHO.

S.B.G. said...

"Peggy Sue Got Married" and "Adventures in Babysitting"--maybe not classics but some good ones. Or "Romancing the Stone" and "War of the Roses" also good but perhaps not classics. Also big at the time "Raiders of the Lost Ark", "Indiana Jones", etc.

Anonymous said...

You've been "tagged" to do a "6 weird things about me" post on your blog. Come on over and look at mine to see it. Get Zapped tagged me, and his can be seen at his "Zippy Pics" blog!
Have fun!

S.B.G. said...

just thought of something in the LHOTHP thread on my blog I didn't mention I have a copy of the only recorded voice of Laura Ingalls Wilder. It's a shame she was never interviewed for tv but there was one audio interview done. It was neat to hear her "old lady" voice.