June 18, 2007

....signing on

yeah... so it's been about a month or so, huh? I bet your all wondering what's been going on.... or maybe not.... but if you didn't, why would you be looking at this blog in the first page? Why not just go and... umm... play some games or watch some videos or something more entertaining?

That said, things are going fairly well. My job has been great so far. I have been told that I'm a fast worker, and that if I want to go full time (since I'm now just a temp) that my lead will put in a good word for me (when I get my hours in. You have to work 520 hours before they'll consider you for full employment). They hours haven't actually been too bad so far. I have had a couple nights where I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep myself awake until the shift end, but God gives me the energy to pull through. One of my main ideas is that I am not going to start drinking caffiene just to stay awake. I don't like caffiene, and don't want to become reliant on it for my daily energy (not to say anything bad about those who need the extra boost). We did have a hardish week this week, though. We had one temp that was told not to come back (she wasn't working very dhard or some such, and she had a really bad attitude). They hired another girl, but then one of the full timers didn't come in all week (not sure if she quite or was just taking the week off...). One of the other temps quite because they wouldn't hire him full time (he had completed his 520 hours and everything). And so, on the friday night shift, we only had three operators, except that I was only working a half shift (6 hours) and one of the other guys was leaving an hour early as well. Thankfully we only had three machines running, and then one of them had to be shut down because it wasn't working right. I still feel sorry for my lead, though...

So yeah, I left early because saturday was my dear cousins wedding day. I've really been of two minds about this marriage since she first announced it, but I was very much reasured at the wedding. I still think they rushed things quite a bit, but... They both seem to have a very good understanding of the Godly responsibility that they are commiting themselves to. It was a fun wedding as well, since it was more or less ren themed (except for the blue grass music...) As a gift for the groomsmen they got them all swords (the real kind) which they wore with their costumes. My cousins brother looked very much like a pirate (especially when he started walking around later with an empty wine bottle and pretending to swig from it, then burst out with "why is all the rum gone?" ....maybe you needed to be there... I also was able to get back together with an old friend at the wedding, and we plan on hanging out again sometime.

Anyway... My dad's chemo is going pretty well so far. He still has hair :) He has actually been able to start going back to work on a limited bases, on the weeks when he doesn't take his chemo treatments. Continue to keep him in your prayers.

Aside from that, the biggest thing in my mind and plans right now is C-stone. It's almost hard to believe that we are going to be leaving in less than a week.... I'm kinda scared, really... And very excited.

Well, that's it for what's going on here I think.... Now you can go back to your games and videos, I'm sure they'll be much more entertaining anyway.

Signing off.....

1 comment:

A said...

Ahhhh . . . so good to hear from you. Not like I couldn't just talk to you some day in person, though, eh?

Have a blast at C-stone, mmmkay?