April 24, 2006

Removing distractions

This is something that I've been thinking and trying to work on for some time now. There are soo many things that are only distractions or time wasters in my life. It's not even that I use them very often, but they're still there. One big one right now is video games. I know some of you probably don't even know that I play them, but I do (rpg's and such mostly). I tryed to pack up all my games and my PS2 and all in a box and put it away, but I ended up taking it out again. I finally decided that the only way to keep myself away from it is to get rid of it all. I'd like to sell it, the PS2, the games, all of it, and save the money for something much more important. If anyone out there is interested in the console or the games, just ask. I even have a few players guides to go with some games.

The other thing that I'm wondering about is something that I'm really not sure how to handle yet. One of my favorite things is books. I love my books, even if I don't read them very much. I don't see them as a terrible thing in themselves, but I wonder if they are another thing that is just in the way. I need to do some serious praying about this.

I just want to start spending time doing things that are worthwhile and not just, well, selfish. It just doesn't seem that that is the way a christian should be. I know that that's not what God wants for me.

1 comment:

mandieworld said...

I have been going through the same thing recently. I just got rid of a lot of books that I like to read (but they take up way too much time) and all of my DVD's (over 200). I have found time now to focus on what God wants for me, not what I want for me because I think I deserve it. I'm not limiting myself to ever reading again or watching a movie now and then. Just trying to remove the ever present distraction. If you ever want to talk about this, I'm more than willing.